Dave loves going to the Nascar race in Vegas every year. He was so happy that his brother was able to join him at the race. One of the hardest things for Dave living away from home is not being by his brother Aaron. We go to the race every year with Dave's friend Dan and his family.
The guys love the race so much they start the count down the day the race ends "only 364 days till the next race." This year Dave started receiving texts from Dan 48 hours before the race, stating exactly what they would be doing in 48 hours, 24 hours etc.
The timing of the race was perfect. Dave's truck broke down at the end of January and it was going to cost way too much to fix it. We were a one car family for about a month (I am sure glad I got that bike for Christmas) We were fortunate to find this truck in Utah for a great price.
Instead of going to Vegas this year I stayed in Salt Lake to spend time with my family and take advantage of shopping at all the fun stores and boutiques they have in Utah since we were driving and not flying home. I wish I had had more time...I didn't get to call any of my friends. I miss you all so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment