Monday, May 11, 2009

Home finding trip-Johnstown PA

If you haven't heard yet, Dave was offered and accepted a job (still with Pepsi) in Johnstown Pennsylvania. Here are a few pictures from our home-finding trip. We are standing at the top of one of the worlds steepest inclines. A perfect view of Johnstown. At the bottom of the hill you can drive your car into a trolley and you and your car are taken to the top of the hill.
Johnstown is in a valley, and has had some really serious floods in the past. Most people of course choose to live on the hill tops so they don't drown in the next flood.
















We had only two days to look for a house. We must have looked at over 20 homes. We wanted a few things in our new home, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, updated kitchen and bathroom, and (Bonnie didn't want a ghost)......... seriously most homes are 50 to 100 years old. Unless you are oober rich and can afford to build a new one.

This is the house we made an offer on. We are still waiting to hear back. It was built in 1953. 4 small bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. The home is pretty small and I joke with Dave that we wont be able to walk around our bed. But the house is cute, has been well maintained and has beautiful wood floors. Even though the bathrooms and kitchen must be from the 70's if not original to the home.

8 comments:

Shauna said...

What a cute house! I really like the porch on the side of the house. What is between the garage and the house - a mud room?

Nancy said...

Travis told me about the big move, that is exciting! Maybe someday we can do a trip back east and come visit you guys, good luck with the house!

Amy F. said...

WOW!! Congrats Dave. Pennsylvania huh?? I've always wanted to go there. So much history there!
What a cute house too? I do love that "old" feeling in older houses. Its so "homey". I hope you get it!!
I'm going to miss you guys! How crazy that you'll probably live there a long time, and is Arizona ever somewhere you'd live again? We will definitely keep in touch!!

Amber Miskin said...

I was wondering what happened to you! Congrats on the new job offer and that is a very cute house. Hopefully it all goes through ok. Good luck!

Emily said...

Bonnie I love the house. I can't wait to come visit. How are you doing? Let me know what I can do to help you with our pregnancy. I would love to do whatever you need me to do! Congrats on everything!

Hailey Jones said...

Wow, what a move! I love the cute little house! We are fans of cute little houses (if you couldn't tell) hopefully that kitchen is bigger than mine though! Keep us updated! I hope that it all works out!

Ann said...

I love it...soooo cute! I wish we could find houses like that here. We just pretty much get to pick from stucco or stucco!!

Maddy said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure Dave will get it in tip top shape before you get out there ;D That or work 24 hours a day. Your pick.